Product: Blackweb Bwa17wi034 Cable Clear all filters (1 of 1 reviews match)
Filter by rating
Product:
2.2
Walmart USB Cable Destroyed My Phone
Walmart USB Cable Destroyed My Phone
I bought a cable from a local Walmart store, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started to smoke and it physically melted my phone. - I contacted the store and got pushed off to their 1-800 line. - The 1-800 line pushed me off to another store to open a claim. - The...
h.kitchener

Most everything relating to electronic gadgets, parts, etc. are now made in China or in some foreign land.

That's because they can make them cheaper---and, of course they are often unreliable and/or dangerous and ineffective at what they purport to deliver. As for USB cables, I have found that it can be very dangerous to use cheap ones, as you did. It always pays to buy cables for anything that are name brand and preferably made in the USA, altho this is becoming harder to do. Walmart is known for cheaper prices, but also recognize that a cheaper price may also indicate a cheaper piece of goods.

The Dollar Tree stores sell USB and other cables for a dollar but that would not be wise to do, for example.

Pay more and get something that will not harm your product. As for Walmart giving you short-shrift----what else do you expect from Walmart---they are not known for their customer service among other deficiencies.

Review
Product
Blackweb Bwa17Wi034 Cable
Cons
  • Constantly having to follow-up
  • Passing me off to others
  • Lack of accountability
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Compensation for value of phone

Blackweb Reviews